Furthermore, this site uses a self-hosted instance of Plausible Analytics located in Singapore. Plausible Analytics is a lightweight and open source web analytics platform for website traffic analysis. We do not track, collect nor store any personally identifiable information; Plausible Analytics collects only aggregated information, which does not allow us to identify any visitor to our website.
This information is collected to understand how users interact with the Codec Wiki and improve our efforts to better suit the needs of these users.
- Page URL
- HTTP Referer
- Browser & Browser Version
- Operating System type & version
- Device type
- Country, region, & city
Given this information, we ensure:
- Analytics data is not shared explicitly with advertising companies or any other companies in general. It is made available to everyone, for free, on our analytics page
- Analytics data isn't explicitly sent to any third parties
- Analytics data is not monetized
As a wiki dedicated to making multimedia codec knowledge more accessible, analytics information is made public via our analytics page.
You may opt out with various means of ad & tracker blocking. An example would be UBlock Origin, which blocks our analytics script.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, you may reach out to site maintainer Gianni Rosato via [email protected].
Last updated 12 September 2023